Sunday, June 22, 2008

Big Saturday

Saturday we got up early and went to the farmer's market again. Since it was earlier than Delia usually wakes up, I took her straight from the bed and put her in her car seat, (jammies, lovey, and all) in hopes that she would go back to sleep. She didn't, but was content to watch the activities until her 8am bottle, then got a few cat naps. It was a nice cool morning and I would say there were twice as many vendors as last Saturday.

Brand new to Starkville, the market lasts from 7am-11am every Saturday and will run through October. A man who brought blueberries and blackberries was sold out by 7:30.

Grady's photo tent - a pretty happenin' place

Grady's photos

Corn dogs

Herbs and flowers for sale

Homemade bread, pies, coffee... yum!

Baby Katherine, who often plays on the playmat with Delia at daycare, and her mom Amy were there.

Walking around in the early morning sun calls for a sun hat!

Delia and I went straight from the market to a new mom's group that we were invited to. We made some new friends and none of them got tired of talking about diapers, poop, passies, or spit up!

This is my friend Carmen and her 2-month-old, Amelia. Carmen is a nurse in Labor and Delivery at the hospital in town. When she arrived, she realized she already knew 2 of the ladies because she had helped deliver their babies!

Delia shares with Amelia.

"There are a lot of babies here - maybe we should stick together!"

This cutie's bib said "Chicks Dig Me." We kept a close eye on him.

Our hostess, Megan, and her baby Sasha. Megan and I were in the hospital at the same time and Sasha was born the day before Delia. After the group was over, Carmen and I realized that both of our husbands were gone for the rest of the day and we had no plans, so we went back to my house to have some more girl time!

"Hmmm....What should I play with next?"

"I love to eat my dresses!"

Rarely captured on film, and thought to be mythical, Delia's neck makes a brief appearance.

Amelia was being just precious, so we started taking pictures of her.

I got frustrated with indoor lighting and the harsh flash of my camera, so we went outside.

Delia too!

Carmen liked some of the pictures so much, we went ahead and put Amelia's announcement together on my laptop. The perks of spending a lazy afternoon with a graphic designer!

2 comments:

Erica said...

HAHAHAH! You are hilarious. Delia's neck! Good to see you!

I finally got your present together so expect it soon in the mail.

I just got back from the great roadtrip of 2008 and am wiped out. Details soon!

Love y'all!

Anonymous said...

You take such great photos!