Friday, January 30, 2009

Rewind: Phoenix

A few weeks ago Grady went to a conference in Phoenix and I tagged along. Since I had a good bit of work to do, I went in to work at the Blufish Tempe office for a few hours every day while we were there. Delia stayed home with her Grandma Amanda and did great.

In the 3 years we lived there, we never hiked "A" Mountain (the small hill right on the edge of the Arizona State campus) that hugs Sun Devil Stadium, home of the Fiesta Bowl. One morning, Grady and I got up and hiked it. It took a whole 8 minutes, so we did it twice. The view from the top was beautiful - we could see the whole city. I didn't bring my camera on this trip, but thanks to the internet, I found some pretty good examples of everything. Photo courtesy ASU Campus Tours.

I had no idea there were real petroglyphs up there! This mountain was in the center of an old Hohokam Indian city. Pretty cool! I used to work in the building right across from it and I never knew! Photo courtesy of GlyphHunter.

We met a lot of our Arizona friends at our FAVORITE restaurant, Rancho de Tia Rosa. Just the name gives me warm fuzzy feelings memories of their pulled pork carnitas and mango margaritas. Photo courtesy Tia Rosa website.

We got to see lots of our Arizona friends - this was just one table! This picture is my Blufish coworkers and their families. The table to the left was Grady and his ASU buddies. Photo courtesy Aaron's facebook page. Don't worry - back to Baby Delia next post.

No comments: