Saturday we made it to the Market pretty early again, and got some squash, zucchini, and hot pepper jam. There were not as many dogs there to play with this week, so luckily, Delia's boyfriend Silas was there with his brother John Robert to entertain us.
Silas's faces crack me up! Just wait until he sees whose side of the wagon Delia is riding on...
We walked a few steps down Main Street to the Book Mart & Café and Silas's mom bought all the kids cookies. No frappuccino for you Delia - what a mean mommy you have!
Mmmm! Sugar cookies for breakfast!
Silas's drink somehow ended up all over his face, and then he began spraying it. Boys are soooo different - if Delia had anything get on her, that princess would not do anything until she was cleaned up.
This deaf cat was free to a good home. Delia likes to put her finger in animals' eyes and say "EYE." I'm pretty sure that's what she was doing here, in attempts to send this cat to the "deaf AND blind cat bargain bin."That afternoon, Delia was walking about the house saying "Ducky! Ducky! Ducky!" so we rode out to a neighborhood on campus where there are always ducks looking to be fed. I took a few pieces of bread, but these ducks acted like they were STARVING. They were a little aggressive! There was one duck who would snatch up the bread, then take a peck at whichever duck tried to get the bread too. I didn't get very good video because I was trying to make sure that they weren't about to jump all over Delia! You can hear her nervous laugh as they come charging at us!
Then we went to Barnes & Noble, played in the kiddie section, read a few books, and rode the escalators about 5 times. Delia picked out a ducky keychain that she carried around the whole time we were there, so we spent the $3 and took him home. (She has been talking about him nonstop. "Ducky? Ducky!!") Then the sky turned black and we hightailed it for home. Here is the view to the south - where we were headed.
On the way into our neighborhood, I saw something out of the corner of my eye that looked a LOT like a tornado. By the time I backed up, put the car in park, and jumped out to take this picture with my phone, it was dissipating fast. Grady says since we were not in a tornado watch, it was most likely a "gustnado," a very weak, short-lived funnel. I say it's the first tornado I've gotten a picture of!






1 comment:
How sweet! She looks so pretty! I hate I missed seeing her at Church. (We stayed home because Joseph had a low fever).
Post a Comment