Saturday, April 7, 2012

Auckland


Grady's International Congress of Biometeorology conference was held in Auckland, the largest city in New Zealand. We arrived in Auckland around 2am. Grady had conference stuff to do all that day, so I just bummed around the city by myself all day - boo hoo!

Breakfast by myself? Order whatever I want? Wah! In NZ, a coffee with milk is called a "flat white," and it is so yummy. A few times I accidentally ordered a "fat white." Oops.

Our hotel, the Quadrant, was near some very pretty city parks with some huge trees.It was also near this crazy ivy-covered building, as well as the Queen Street shopping district, where I spent a good part of the day.

We went to a brewery called "The Brewery" where we tried our first fish and chips. Good! The garlic aioli made it really special, hence the mesmerized look in Grady's eyes.

No comments: