
I am 13 weeks along today. I bought my first maternity pants this weekend because nothing in my closet fits except a few stretchy skirts. It is so funny how random strangers feel the need to tell you how much bigger or smaller you are than their daughter/granddaugher/sister, etc. I guess it comes with the territory. There is also a lot of belly rubbing, but only by people I know so far. My friend Amy Aarhus is 1 week ahead of me, my friend Amy Stapleton is 1 week behind me, and Grady's sister Jennifer is 1 month ahead of me. I think I am past the starving-all-the-time stage and am into the exhausted-all-the-time stage. As long as it's not throwing up (I haven't been sick at all), its fine with me! If I look aggravated in this picture, it's because it was hot outside and a lady at church had just told me how big I was for 13 weeks.
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
13 Weeks
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Oh my gosh, you are so adorable!! You look fantastic! Look at your little belly! EEEE! I didn't know that Jennifer was expecting, too. How cute is that--your babies are going to be cousins. I love it. Yay!
Hi Melissa, congratulations to you and Grady! You look beautiful. Your blog comment reminded me when I was pregnant with Ellie, with only 6 weeks to go, a complete stranger walked up to me and said "my God, how many do you have in there?"
I was speechless! You look great, enjoy every moment of it!
You look ADORABLE! I am so happy for y'all!
Haha! I love the picture, and I feel your pain, honey! I also suppose I'm not cool since I don't have a blog. :) You'll have to show me how this thing works some time. Love ya!
Amy
Melissa, when I was about 7 months pregnant with Christopher, we were at Jackson Mall (it was still a good mall then!). I had on a maternity top that I thought was "slimming" and I felt really good in it. I was standing at a book stand, perusing a magazine, when a total stranger (a MAN!!), walked up to me, tapped me on the shoulder, and handed me a book called The Pregnancy Primer and said, looks like you need this! That just hit me the wrong way and I started crying!!! And here it is, 31 years later, and I STILL am talking about it!!! But you do look adorable!! At least there are cute maternity clothes now! And I am glad you have a blog now!!!
Hey Melissa--Congrats to you guys--You look absolutely gorgeus. I can't wait to see photos as you continue to grow! John and I just had our SECOND little girl. Saige is 16 months and Emmerson is 18 days. Lots of people around us are having kiddos so it's been a lot of fun. John is enjoying his time at PVCC and I'm going to take some time off of teaching in the public schools and just teach one class at PVCC and a class online at Ottawa University. Take care adn keep in touch--Meggin
Ok, did the lady at church need glasses??!! I only hope that I look that good when I am 13 weeks pregnant! (No I am not pregnant although when are you going to be seems to be a common question these days after only 4 months of marriage!) You look wonderful and SO cute!! I LOVE the pictures and your blog!
welcome to the blogging world!!! congratulations! I am so excited for you and Grady. BTW, you look great. I was told that I showed early, too. I think people are just looking for it and make a big deal out of nothing sometimes. i'm excited because your little munchkin will be in the same grade as ours. :) I am going to link your blog to our site so I can keep up better. our blog is babyrockontheway.blogspot.com. missandloveya, rebecca lee
Hi Melissa, oh my gosh you look so tiny. Don't let anyone tell you you look big. I am sooooo excited for you guys, you look great and just wait the strangers rubbing your belly comes with time, the closer you get the more they feel inclined. Miss you both. Tell Grady to call if he is ever in the Panhandle
Love Amanda
Post a Comment