Sunday, February 17, 2008

1 Month Old

Delia is 1 month old today! She celebrated by pooping through her diaper. This girl's daily routine is not good for the environment. I would say how many diapers she went through in the last 24 hours, but I am afraid if that information gets out, the EPA may come and take her away.

We gave Delia a bath Friday night since we were expecting company this weekend. Maybe her little arms and legs will catch up with her cheeks and belly soon! Grady's mom came to visit this weekend and swore that Delia giggled for her. Grady's Uncle Richard and his family stopped by to visit on their way to the MSU-Arkansas basketball game.

Cover it up! Daddy makes sure there are no lewd pictures of me on the internet.

The warm shower keeps me calm.

Woo! Look at my belly!

Clean baby.

Hurry Daddy, before I poop in the towel... too late.

I have gotten out into the world several times this week! Now that I have figured out my breast pump (sorry - is that too much information?) I can leave a bottle with Grady, or whoever, and be away from Delia for more than 2 or 3 hours at a time. Tuesday night I went to Wal-Mart, which does not sound fun, but I actually enjoyed it, because I had not been there in over a month, and we needed a lot of stuff. Wednesday night Grady and I celebrated Valentine's Day early and went to see Cross Canadian Ragweed at the State Theater downtown. Our babysitter was our friend and neighbor Erin, who is 7 months pregnant and has 2 kids and a kidney infection. What a trooper! We tried to get her to cancel, but she assured us that watching TV with a newborn from 9pm to midnight would be easy and enjoyable for her. Then on Saturday I went to the MSU-Arkansas basketball game with Grady while his mom took care of Delia. After that we met our friends Ryan and Brandy at Oby's for a drink and ordered some sandwiches to go. Fun fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beer Belly Baby!!!!
Somebody needs to cut back on the Budweiser!!!! No wonder that baby is so happy and sleeps all the time.