Delia turned 6 months old this week! She weighed in at 17 lbs, 8 oz which puts her in the 85% group for her age. Way to be above average Baby Girl! She has started babbling with new sounds like "yaya" and "dada," which is very cute.
I do a lot with the Starkville Downtown Business Association and our latest project was Christmas in July this past Saturday. I was in charge of... pretty much everything, so I spent all day making sure people showed up where they were supposed to and had everything they needed. We teamed up with the Community Market to have their Grand Opening on the same day so we could work together in our advertising efforts. It went really well and a lot of people who came early for the Market Grand Opening hung around to see what was going on at Christmas in July.
Delia got up early and we all went to the Market to get some goodies and watch a chef's demonstration before we had to set up Xmas in July stuff. We got some tomatoes, caramel-infused fig preserves (from the chef), and some homemade dog treats.
I worked a shift at the face painting table so the volunteers could get some lunch. We had a sign with ideas for the kids like hearts and stars - easy stuff since the volunteers were from a high school honor society. When I sat down this girl says "I want a mermaid!" (Felt a little like the movie Wedding Crashers: "Make me a BICYCLE, clown!")











3 comments:
Hey Melissa, I just love checking in and seeing what sweet little Deliah is up to! I hope ya'll are doing great- we are just trying to survive this heat! Love you guys and miss you! Amelia
It's pretty sad when your blog has gotten so popular that my co-workers check it before I do and let me know when something new is up. I heard one of them laughing at her desk earlier today. Turns out she was reading your comments about the girl getting her face painted, and I had not even read it yet!
Look at that big girl sitting up all by herself!! She is adorable
Post a Comment