Sunday, November 15, 2009

Garage Sale Saturday

Moms - during this poopy economy, a garage sale is a fun, super cheap way to entertain your kid. Some of our neighbors are moving and they had a HUGE garage sale last Saturday. The weather was great, so we strolled on down there. Delia got to meet some new people, see some dogs, play with toys, and when I finally rounded her up to leave, she could take whatever she wanted and it was less than $3. Delia does not have a black eye here, just a bug bite or something that had gone down by the time we got home.

They had 3 little school desks, but I didn't think we needed one just yet.

I don't know what Delia is looking at here, but it cracks me up. When an airplane flies over, she says "Airplane!" Then when it is gone, she says "Where airplane go?"

I found a nice hardcover Blue Dog art book there that was in mint condition in its original slip case, so I got it. George Rodrigue is a New Orleans artist who has become famous for painting these blue dogs. This book is one of his first books and is simply titled "Blue Dog." I just looked up the hardcover edition on Amazon and the cheapest one is $57. The rest are $100-$150. I just opened up the book to see if it is a first edition and it is SIGNED by both authors! Found a "slightly soiled" signed edition on alibris.com for $136. I paid $1! SUCKAS!!

1 comment:

Erica said...

HOLY CRAP THAT IS AMAZING!
$1?!?!?!