Sunday, May 15, 2011

Delia's First Dance Recital

Delia has been taking ballet (and tap) since January. She loves it and looks forward to class all week every week. We were concerned that she would be very shy in front of the crowd (~250 people), but that was definitely not an issue.


This is when they first ran out. Notice the two girls on the left still trying to find their marked spots on the stage. Also notice the teacher on the bottom right giving instructions. This is the last moment where all the kids were even close to being on the same page at the same time.


I think two of the other girls are about to jump or maybe just landed, but you can see Delia's amazing "vert" here. She is still shorter than the middle girl.


Delia strikes this pose a lot. It may or may not have actually been a part of the planned routine.


Ok, I was wrong. They actually got in sync pretty good for the exit.


After the show. Thankfully, mom knew to take flowers because dad was new to all this. Despite the fact that he takes her to practice each week and he took her early for dress rehearsal and "curtain call," he was woefully underdressed and sans flowers.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be prepared to sit in the audience for HOURS if Delia stays in dancing. I mean, one time we got pizza brought in because of dress rehearsal!!! Oh, and Melissa, have a wonderful birthday!! Your mom and I went shoe shopping today, to celebrate your birthday!!!! Really, there were coupons.
But HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!

Demaragreg said...

Brought a smile to my face!

Melissa Dixon said...

I got a shoe coupon in the mail today too! Will take Delia this weekend. That girl loves her shoes!