
Long time, no blog! Why?
1. I moved my business to a new location (it's awesome!), the internet at the new office was down for 5 days, then our family went to the beach for a week. It took me about a month to recover from that perfect storm.
2. Grady and I had to get new cell phones. You know you're out of town a lot when your provider drops you (Grady). CellularSouth just turned his phone off because his roaming was costing them so much money. So now we are with AT&T and have these huge HTC Galaxy phones that take way better pictures than our old phones. So after much finagling in email, Gmail, and DropBox, I finally got all my pictures off my old phone. The photos on the blog have to be in order! Especially now that Grady is printing the blog for me and making these awesome books. More on those later!
3. My laptop is almost 8 years old. That is 150 in laptop years. The other day I foolishly clicked the "Check out our new Blogger interface!" button. Mistake. My laptop can't view most sites correctly and after I clicked that "new and improved" option, I couldn't upload pictures to the blog anymore. But today I was back on the blog site, wondering when I'd ever get a new laptop, when I saw a link that said "Go back to the old interface." YES!! Give me the stone tablet version and I'll keep this clunky Powerbook for another year!
Before the avalanche of photos starts, here are some quotes from Delia that I don't want to forget:
Setting the stage: Grady goes in for a goodnight kiss and Delia pulls away.
Delia: "Daddy, I love you, but your beard is scratchy." Amen girl.
Setting the stage: Eating dinner at my parents' house, Delia is telling us about the learning centers at school. The Reading Center has books, the Home Living Center has a toy kitchen, the Science Center has animals, etc.
Delia: "I went to the B'Nipple Tips Center."
Me: "The WHAT?"
Delia: "B'NIPPLE TIPS"
(Repeat this 4 times)
Me: "What is at the B'Nipple Tips Center??"
Delia: "Puzzles and a doll house."
After much repetition and many attempts to decipher "B'Nipple Tips", we finally made a speaker phone call to Grady. He figured it out: "Manipulatives."
So here are some photos I never shared from late April. A photographer in town, Vanesha Williams, asked if she could take some pictures of Delia to use for a workshop, then she gave me all the photos!





















Saturday, October 8, 2011
Technical Difficulties
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment