Friday, January 22, 2010

First Haircut!

Delia got her very first haircut Thursday, Jan. 14, 2010. Her hair was halfway down her back and kind of scraggly, so we just got it cleaned up a little. We went to Erin's Salon, which is about 20 steps from my office. As the world's worst mom, I forgot to bring my real camera, and all I had to capture the moment was my camera phone. I also forgot to grab a chunk of hair to keep and put in Delia's neglected baby book (the blog is our baby book!) under "Baby's First Haircut," but Erin helped me make a nice neat bundle from a little chunk we rescued off the floor.

Delia was very hesitant about getting in the chair, so I got in the chair first and put a cape on.

I kept her distracted with a bucket of 300 foam stickers (thanks Dollar Tree!), which we stuck all over her cape, my cape, and Erin's apron.

After it was all over, she got a sucker for being so good. Don't worry Papa - her hair is just caught up on her shoulder in this picture. It is not as short as it looks. What a pose.

No comments: