The backtrack blogging continues...
The weekend after Kirk and MarLa visited, Erica came from Chicago to spend the weekend!
One of the things on Erica's "Must Do in StarkVegas" list was to go to Shipley's donuts on Saturday. I don't know if I've ever had a hot fresh Shipley's AT Shipley's. It was pret-ty good. So good that I have started thinking about Shipley's at random times during the day now.
I'm pretty sure Delia had never had a Shipley's donut, so it was a special day all around! And the place was PACKED! We saw some of Delia's friends from school there, and we barely got a table. We got lucky and found one with an extra chair for Fuzzy.
Then we walked next door to The Lodge which carries every Mississippi State item that exists. Delia likes to walk around and see all the bulldogs. She picked out this hunters orange MSU hat that I did not love, so I bought her the little football instead.
Erica helped me sort through the clothes we brought back from Little Rock and it was a job!! So many piles of clothes, we almost lost Delia.
"Here I am Mama!"
That night we went to my favorite, Restaurant Tyler, who is featured in Mississippi Magazine this month! Go Chef Ty! I love you and your grits! THE grits recipe is IN the magazine!! You can read Ty's blog here and hear all about his trip to the Super Bowl and all the yummy food he ate at the Saints' Super Bowl after party.
Delia was so good! Kids eat free at Tyler, and she had a plate of yummy mac and cheese.
2 fancy dinners out in 2 weekends! Woo woo!
Sometime that month Amelia and Delia went to the Dudy Gras parade. This is when the MSU baseball fans tow their Left Field Lounge contraptions to Dudy Noble Field. Delia was scared of the fire truck at first, but when people started throwing candy from their "floats," she warmed right up.
The girls and their beads!

No comments:
Post a Comment