Saturday, November 6, 2010

Homecoming / Baby Shower / Oct 24 Weekend

Backtracking a few weeks, Homecoming weekend was a blast. The Hotel Dixon slept 8 adults, 2 toddlers, and 2 babies! A new record! Jennifer and I stayed home with Delia, Wesley, and Baby Cameron, but we had a great time watching the game together. We were even able to run out our front door and catch the jumbo jet flyover on its way to the stadium!

After all of our guests headed out, Mama and Daddy came up on Sunday so Mama could go to a baby shower thrown by my some of my sweet friends.

The lovely hostesses, Carmen, Christy, and Amanda

Carmen is so creative and craftsy. She painted these pumpkins and got the leaves right out of her yard! The candles are baby food jars filled with candy corns!

Gingerbread cupcakes! Yummmmm.

We had originally planned on Delia going to dinner with Grady and Daddy, but when Mama and I started getting ready, Delia said (in a pitiful voice), "Where y'all going?" I said "To a party." She replied (SO pitiful) "I wanna go with the girls!"

So, of course, we put her in a dress and let her come with us. She had a great time.

Look at all the fun ladies that showed up! It was in the upstairs room of The Grill, a newly renovated restaurant in a former Eagle canned milk plant. 7pm, so also a good girls night out!

We played a pumpkin trivia game, and everyone's favorite baby shower game, "How big is the pregnant lady, really??"

Go Dawgs! Best season since 1999, or something like that.

Cute little blue baby boy stuff!

Cupcake break!

A lovey with his name on it! No turning back now!

Delia's first "Big Sister" shirt from Nana!

Amelia came up at the end of the party with the daddies to help clean up and load up the baby loot. It was a great party!

In baby news, I have been having contractions for 9 days now and (stop now if you don't like pregnant lady details) am already at 2cm, which is farther along than I was when I went into the hospital to have Delia! Waiting.............

No comments: