Thursday, June 2, 2011

New MMJ Album

My Morning Jacket just released a new album, and we listened to it at dinner last night. After Delia finished eating, she proceeded to dance to all of the songs...nearly oblivious to the rest of us. So, we set up the camera on the kitchen table to keep her from seeing it. You may recall that she has been prone to uncontrollable dance when listening to this band in the past.



Not sure what kind of dance this is, but it actually appears to match the music a few times despite her never having heard any of the songs before. This went on for more than 10 minutes and she would freeze when the music stopped in between songs, so I included the end of this song for illustration. And yes, she seems to be watching The Weather Channel while dancing...that's our girl.



In the interest of balance, here is a recent video of Brooks playing and giggling.

2 comments:

Erica said...

See now, this is why I love dance. It is art in its purest form.

This is the best video ever! I love the arm movements, and that she seems to be repeating her choreography.

The freeze at the end is priceless!

I love it! If you posted all 10 minutes of it, you better believe I would watch it all!

baldman76 said...

Ree-diculous. Adorable, too.