Here we are. January 15. Should be Delivery Day, but looks more like Sit Around Having Contractions Day. I've been having them since Friday night. At one point Saturday night, they were 6 minutes apart for about 45 minutes. Then I got up to do something and they went away. At my doctor's appointment Monday morning, he said I am 70% effaced (which means things are thinning out, for all you people who are not pregnant), but less than 1 cm dilated. He said he will schedule me for another check up in a week, but I don't think there's any way I will last another week. The contractions woke me up about every 30 minutes last night - not fun. So I am laying low at home today, checking on work stuff on my laptop.
Advice I have taken:
"Eat some spicy food!"
Went out for Mexican food Friday night (ate too much) and felt awful afterward. Daddy said it was just "the Mexican Bloat."
"Have a glass of wine!"
Had some Saturday night. Sooooo good, but still no baby.
"Take a walk!"
This weekend we took the dogs for a walk Saturday and Sunday. I haven't been walking in at least 2 months because it just plain hurts, but I did it anyway. Buddy is a good walking partner for me because his short legs make him pretty slow. I have to pay attention to him though, because he likes to walk right underfoot and I can't see him due to my huge belly. It felt good to get out and about, but still no baby.
We will keep you posted....
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
D-Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Try pineapple. Worked for my sister in law!!! Good luck! Can't wait to hear the good news!
Hang in there! She'll be here before you know it!
it's sooooo close... she'll be here soon!!! try sex. ha!
How about a foot massage? Good luck!!
Post a Comment