
At the end of April, Delia's Nana and Papa kept her while I snuck off to DC where Grady was attending his annual American Association of Geographers conference. Our hotel was beautiful and there were tulips and azaleas blooming everywhere! The first morning I was there, someone pulled the hotel's fire alarm. Really, Universe? I get to sleep in 2 days a year and they are both this weekend... oh, well. It was a great time and we saw so many old friends from Phoenix!


Several of the students that Grady brought wanted to show us their old stomping ground, so we loaded up in the Mississippi State van and headed to
Salisbury University in Maryland. We stopped at
Jimmie and Sook's for lunch and ate more crab dishes than should be legal in one day.

Then Adam took us to his farm, where his family has been farming on the same land since the 1700's. Kelsey - don't you want to hold that chicken?

On our last day, Grady and the students had to get an early start on their million-hour drive, while I flew home in the late afternoon. Since I had more than a few hours to kill, I took the train to see some sights.

Here is the White House,

The Treasury (which is not where they make money - that is the U.S. Mint, I think),

The Washington Monument,

...and the Capitol. By then, I was tired, and didn't want to get back on the underground train, so I took a cab to the airport, read a whole book, and was home.
No comments:
Post a Comment